Why we should use it
React developers use it for building quick apps that handle massive amounts of information.
- Reusable ComponentsReact app consist of the building blocks which are called components. You begin with small ones like input fields, buttons, checkboxes, etc. and after that create wrappers from them. Proceeding with next level wrappers you end up having one root component that becomes your application. Every component has its own logic and that approach provides surprisingly effective results.
- Clear AbstractionDesigning the architecture for your app does not require understanding the internal process. React provides transparent abstraction layer for the developers, effectively hiding any complimentary concepts. All you need is the understanding of the states, props and components lifecycle.
- React NativeReact includes additional library called React Native. It allows creating native iOS and Android mobile apps using the same approach and techniques as for web applications. It won’t be exactly the same codebase, but it will be trouble-free to adopt it. Once you master React switching to React Native is easy.
- Flux and ReduxFlux architecture, introduced by Facebook, enhances React components with the unified data flow. The main principle is to create actions which are controlled by a main central dispatcher to update stores. Then the views updates respect the changes happening in those stores. It helps to avoid data duplication and keeps you away from making model data in sync inside the whole application. The most well-known implementation of Flux is the Redux library. It changes Flux a bit but introducing a single store, but you benefit from having one single object which contains all the app data.
- Great Developers ToolDev tools are what should be taken into considerations when you choose a platform for your application. For React there are two major players created as Chrome browser extensions: React Developer Tools and Redux Developer Tools. These utilities allow inspecting components, their grouping and look into current states and props. When working with Redux you can observe store state and changes, dispatched actions, etc.
Who uses React
React UI framework updates and renders components when information changes that make interface faster and easier.
- 10 Jan 2019ES7 Decorators: be on a roll, use decorators in React now!Decorators are functions that allow a service, directive or filter to be modified prior to its usage. I fell in love with decorators in 2016 when Angular 2 was released. I was astonished at the functionality the decorators provided me with.Learn More
- 8 Jan 2019Customizing Сreate React App without EjectCreate React App (CRA) allows creating a React Application without being distracted by the control webpack setting, babel etc. But it doesn't allow a configuration of a build. There is a solution can be used for a very fine configuration of a build.Learn More